– Congrats to Karen Sirimoglu who set a new marathon PR this past weekend!
– Congrats to all of the PAL Youth teams that had a great race on Sunday
– U8 Girls team place 1st
– U8 Boys team placed 2nd and 3rd
– 9-10 Girls team placed 2nd, 4th and 7th
– 9-10 Boys team placed 4th and 6th
– 11-12 Girls Team placed 1st, 7th and 8th
– 11-12 Boys team placed 3rd, 6th and 9th
– 13-14 Girls placed 3rd
– 13-14 Boys placed 5th, 9th and 11th
– 15-18 Boys placed 3rd (most had raced the day before as well!)
Good Luck at the USATF JOXC Region 1 Championship this coming Sunday!
If you or someone you know has had a significant race accomplishment, please let me know! firstname.lastname@example.org
GCS EXECUTIVE BOARD – TREASURER
After many years of service, Diane Dunklee Clifford is stepping down as treasurer at the end of her term. We’re currently looking for someone to take over for her. Please let me know if you are interested.
NEW HAMPSHIRE GRAND PRIX!
Because of EVERYONE who participated this year, the Gate City Striders are New Hampshire Grand Prix Champions again! Congrats to all who raced! Every Runner Counted, Every Point Mattered.
- Gate City – 4959.65 points,
- Greater Derry 3656.33 points,
- Upper Valley 3319.27 points,
- Millenium 2525.77 points.
BEST OF BOSTON – November 15th
MILL CITIES IS BACK – WE NEED YOU! DECEMBER 5th
Currently in need of runners in every age group. Please sign up soon! Deadline is this Friday – 11/19! Any current club member is eligible to participate in this year’s race – free of charge! Each relay runner gets a commemorative MCR gift and the post-race party at the Claddagh is not to be missed.For anyone covid concerned, you can submit team requests at the bottom of the form. We are making every effort to honor all of those requests, though we cannot guarentee it. So far all requests have been honored.
Sign up here: https://docs.google.com/…/1FAIpQLSefV3z3w8Sstf…/viewform
Strider Shelly Walker-Adams is be live streaming on Monday’s from Nov 1st until Dec 13th at 7pm. Each week she’ll be focusing on ways to improve our running stride, core stability, balance, flexibility and yes.. how to use that foam roller. Along the way she’ll throw in some challenges.
Annual Novemberfest race to benefit the Nashua Children’s Home is THIS SUNDAY – November 21st at 11:33am. Sign up today! https://www.facebook.com/events/125576122863090/
USATF-XC – RACHEL’S RUN
Our friends in the Greater Lowell Road Runners are putting on the 8th Annual Rachel’s Run on Saturday Nov 20th – the day before Novemberfest. This is the last race in the USATF XC series. Find out more information here: http://glrr.net/rachels-run/
The weekly Pennichuck runs start tonight from Pennichuck middle school at 6pm sharp. Meet in the parking lot and go get reaquainted with our old pal Deerhaven. Please wear lights and a reflective vest.
WINTER WARRIORS – FLEET FEET
Winter Warriors will be returning on Monday and Thursday evenings starting December 2nd. They’ll start on the “North” route that Thursday.
– Nov 20 – USATF XC – Rachel’s Run; Tyngsboro, MA
– Nov 21 – Novemberfest – Nashua
– Dec 5 – MILL CITIES! – Nashua->Lawrence
Stay tuned! Much more to come!
Take care and see you on the roads!
Gate City Striders