Weekly Announcements July 22nd, 2022
Hope everyone is keeping cool in all of this heat!
If you or someone you know has had a significant race accomplishment, please let me know! email@example.com
Congrats to all of those who competed in our annual Ultimate Runner competition. On the Men’s side, Jim Hansen edged out Keith O’Brien for the men’s title. Bob Levine rounded out the top 3. On the Women’s side, Rebecca Kadish had the best combined score overall beating all competitors – both men and women. Newer strider Terryl Fritz was a close second. Congrats to everyone!
Outdoor Track returns THIS coming Wednesday, July 27th! Join us for the 5k/10k workout or the marathon/half marathon workouts starting at 6pm at Nashua North. We’ll be switching to the Nashua South track once that’s complete.
Yoga/Core returns to track this week as well! Come join us for a great stretch and a little core work after track. Come for track and stay for yoga, or just come for the yoga. Starts once the track work is done, usually around 6:40pm.
NEW HAMPSHIRE GRAND PRIX
Next up is the Sandown 5 Miler. We need YOU! We’re currently in second place and need an all hands on deck showing to get our team back in front. https://www.runreg.com/29th-annual-sandown-5-mile–5-k…
Every teammate who shows up WILL score points. You WILL help the team! #EveryRunnerCounts #EveryPointCounts
Singlets can be purchased at Fleet Feet for $20 cash or check!
HEALTH AND WELLNESS NIGHT
Mark your calendars for August 17th to join us at track. We’ll bring in a bunch of local running related vendors who will have some giveaways, and I hear there might be some treats at the finish! If you know of anyone you think should be a part of this, please contact Amanda Naro
– April 3rd – Oct 16 – Virtual Track 5K – Any Track – New Hampshire Grand Prix
– July 27th – Return of 5k/10k track workouts
– August 6th – Sandown 5M – Sandown, NH, 8/6 – New Hampshire Grand Prix
– August 14 – 5 Mile – Bobby Doyle 5 Mile, Narragansett RI – USATF New England Grand Prix
– August 17th – Health and Wellness Night at Track!
– August 27 – 10 Mile – Allen Mello NH Ten Miler, Auburn/Manchester NH – USATF New England Grand Prix
– September 04 – Mt. Greylock – USATF Mountain Series
– September 25 – 10 km – Lone Gull 10K Gloucester MA – USATF New England Grand Prix
– September 25 – Waterville Valley Mountain Race – USATF Mountain Series
– October 15 – Cranmore Mountain Race – USATF Mountain Series
– October 23 – Delta Dental 1/2 Marathon – Concord, NH, 10/16 – New Hampshire Grand Prix
– November 13 – 5 km – BIGGSteps 5K, Needham MA – USATF New England Grand Prix
– November 20nd – Novemberfest – Nashua
– December – Mill Cities Relay! – Nashua -> Lawrence
Stay tuned! Much more to come!
Take care and see you on the roads!
Gate City Striders