I had serious fomo this weekend seeing all of the great performances down in New Bedford! Great work by all. If you or someone you know has had a significant race accomplishment, please let me know! firstname.lastname@example.org
GCS EXECUTIVE BOARD
If you’re interested in joining the GCS Executive Board and helping to drive the direction of the club, please contact me or another board member about how you can help! We’re looking for a sponsorship coordinator and a webmaster. The Webmaster would not need to attend board meetings
The Gate City Striders are accepting applications scholarships! This scholarship is open to high school or college students who will be attending a post-secondary educational institution, including a college, university or vocational school in the fall of 2022. Any GCS member, child of a GCS member, or a student sponsored by a GCS member is eligible. Read all the details and download an application from https://www.gatecity.org/gate-city-strider-scholarship/. Deadline is May 1st. Please contact Andrew Bragg if you have any questions!
ANNUAL MEETING OF THE MEMBERSHIP
Please join us for our Annual Meeting of the Membership. A chance to meet fellow club members, hear the status of the club – with a review of last year and this years’ upcoming plans, and also discuss new business. This is a free event.Light food will be available starting at 6:30pm. The meeting will start promptly at 7pm.IF you are interested in joining the board and helping to drive the direction of the club, please contact a board member.Hope to see you there!
NEW HAMPSHIRE GRAND PRIX!
The first race in our New Hampshire Grand Prix title defense is fast approaching. The first race is in our backyards at the Nashua Soup Kitchen 10k on April 3rd! Gate City has won the New Hampshire Grand Prix title the last few years because we’ve had a full team participation. Even if you think you are too slow, you WILL score points. Because everyone showed up, we were able to defeat some faster clubs. #everyrunnercounts#everypointmatters Join us!speaking of the Soup Kitchen 10k…
SOUP KITCHEN COURSE PREVIEW RUN THIS SATURDAY
Join fellow Gate City Striders for a group run on the Nashua Soup Kitchen 5K/10K course. Meet next to the Muldoon Fitness Center on the Rivier University Campus Saturday March 26th.Please arrive at 8:45am. Run will start at 9:00amThis is a great chance to prepare for the 1st race in the NHGP series or simply connect with other striders.Pace group leaders will be available to help you follow the route. Please stay with your pace group as there will not be volunteers stationed on the course to direct you.Download or print the 5K/10K course map to have available if needed. Bring your own water.*Do not park in the Muldoon Center parking lot.Parking is available in the Rivier Commuter lot behind Memorial Hall. From South Main Street, take a right on Clement Street.Hope you can make it!https://www.facebook.com/events/1453494438382133
Outdoor track returns April 20th at Nashua North High School. There will be some refreshments afterwards. Join us for the opening lap celebration!
PACK MONADNOCK 10 MILER
Our favorite scenic run amongst waterfalls, trees and _just_a_few_ hills is back this year in it’s normal time! Part of the USATF Mountain Series once again. The race takes place on Sunday May 1st leaving Wilton and heading up to the summit of Pack Monadnock. Registration is now open here: http://www.lightboxreg.com/pack_2022As always, we can’t hold these events without volunteers. If you would like to volunteer for the Pack Monadnock race, you can sign up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/409094aa5aa29a0fd0-pack
GATE CITY RUNNING FESTIVAL
Registration for the 2022 Gate City Running Festival is now open! This year we’re bringing a fast 1 mile race down the Broad St Parkway, a 10k and a half marathon. Sign up today for the best prices on a premier Nashua event!http://www.lightboxreg.com/gcsrunningfestival_2022
– April 3rd – Oct 16 – Virtual Track 5K – Any Track – New Hampshire Grand Prix
– April 3rd – Nashua Soup Kitchen 10K – Nashua, NH, – New Hampshire Grand Prix
– April 7 – Annual Meeting of the Membership – Nashua Country Club
– April 23 – Sleepy Hollow Mountain Race – USATF Mountain Series
– May 1st – Pack Monadnock 10 Miler – Mountain Series – Wilton
– May 15th – Gate City Running Festival – Nashua
– May 28 – Wachusett Mountain – USATF Mountain Series
– May 29 – Marathon – Vermont City Marathon, Burlington VT – USATF New England Grand Prix
– June 11 – Ascutney Mountain Run – USATF Mountain Series
– June 19th – Skip’s Run 4M – Lebanon, NH, – New Hampshire Grand Prix
– July 10 – Loon Mountain Race (USATF-NE Mountain Champs) – USATF Mountain Series
– August 6th – Sandown 5M – Sandown, NH, – New Hampshire Grand Prix
– August 14 – 5 Mile – Bobby Doyle 5 Mile, Narragansett RI – USATF New England Grand Prix
– August 27 – 10 Mile – Allen Mello NH 10 Miler, Auburn/Manchester NH – USATF New England Grand Prix
– September 04 – Mt. Greylock – USATF Mountain Series
– September 25 – 10 km – Lone Gull 10K Gloucester MA – USATF New England Grand Prix
– September 25 – Waterville Valley Mountain Race – USATF Mountain Series
– October 15 – Cranmore Mountain Race – USATF Mountain Series
– October 23 – Delta Dental 1/2 Marathon – Concord, NH, 10/16 – New Hampshire Grand Prix
– November 13 – 5 km – BIGGSteps 5K, Needham MA – USATF New England Grand Prix
– November 20nd – Novemberfest – Nashua
– December – Mill Cities Relay! – Nashua -> Lawrence Stay tuned!
Much more to come!
Take care and see you on the roads!
Gate City Striders